Concept2 SkiErgBuild strength and endurance with the NEW ski ergometer and training tool from Concept2.
- Builds strength in upper body, core and legs
- Provides a quality aerobic workout
- Encourages proper and effective Nordic skiing technique
An ergometer (or “erg”) is a device that measures work. That’s what sets the Concept2 SkiErg apart from other training devices: it allows you to accurately assess your output, monitor your progress, and compare your scores with others using the Concept2 Performance Monitor. It’s the same monitor that has been helping rowers train for many years:
- Immediate, accurate and repeatable performance data
- Workout options: choose a preset workout, ski against a previous result or play a game
- Memory and LogCard for workout data storage
- USB Interface to transfer data to PC or Mac
- Heart Rate Monitoring (PolarTM and SuuntoTM options available)
- Online logbook and ranking capability
Nordic skiing is an exhilarating and aerobically demanding sport, so it's no surprise that Nordic skiers are extremely fit athletes. The SkiErg makes this terrific aerobic exercise accessible to anyone. Each pull engages the arms, shoulders, core and legs in a downwards "crunch," using body weight to help accelerate the handles. A workout on the SkiErg works the legs at least as hard as the upper body. Maximum heart rates are achieved through aerobically demanding workouts.
The Concept2 SkiErg is based on the same mechanics and electronic monitoring systems as the Concept2 Indoor Rower, the proven choice of rowing athletes around the world since 1982.